Well it’s back to school time for my kids, and my daughter asked me to make her an emoji pencil case so I thought I would share the free pattern with all of you!
Enjoy and have a great long weekend!
- t-shirt yarn, bulky yarn (I used Bernat home maker)
- 6.00mm hook
- Fabric f
- ch 31, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc 28, sc 3 in last ch, now working along the opposite side of chain sc 28, sc 2 in last chain
- (do not turn and chain 1) sc 62 around
- continue crocheting around for 15 more rounds (17 rows total or approx 4.5″ tall
heart eyes – in magic ring, sc, hdc, 2 dc, sl st, 2 dc, hdc, sc, sl st to first st
mouth – I used a bit of scrap worsted weight black yarn
– in a magic ring, sc 4, ch 1 and turn, 2sc in each st across ( you will have a little half moon shape
- Sew the eyes and mouth on centered on the pouch, you can experiment with making some of the other emoji faces.
- add a lining and/or zipper for a cute back to school pencil case